Be-U is a personal and professional support system created by KEDGE Business School for its students. Developed and enhanced since 2004, our cross-functional system is recognised as an international best practice by EQUIS and AACBS accreditors.
Professional and personal development at KEDGE
KEDGE's main objective is to foster its students' skills and employability growth.
Practically, Be-U supports students all along their journey at KEDGE, based on three pillars:
- Being: self-awareness, shaping one's professional project in line with their values and aspirations;
- Living: practical application of one's skills in a real setting, through the Pro-Acts and several field experiences in businesses;
- Becoming: develop and initiate one's professional project.
Be-U relies on three actors at KEDGE:
- Career Centre:
- Designs and coordinates courses and workshops about self-awareness, shaping one's professional project, Leadership Skills, tools for internship/job search process;
- Offers personal coaching;
- Engages in the organisation of meetings between companies/recruiters and students: MyWay days, business forums and job datings.
- Learning by Doing service:
- Coordinates the School's associative life and supervises the Pro-Acts (Action Projects);
- Allows students to practice their technical skills (e.g. soft skills) through the management of real, formalized and ambitious projects (at least 4 months, up until the total duration of their studies);
- Offers a follow through for project management thanks to its coaching teams: definition of the project and its objectives, follow-up, final evaluation.
- Training programmes:
- Build courses and tracks offer;
- Advise students on the development of their academic journey through appointments with educational advisors: specialisation choices, dual degrees...
True backbone of our students' education, Be-U is mandatory for graduation, via the Career Centre courses, the validation of one or several Pro-Act(s), and the Be-U defence.
The Be-U platform
To help our students develop their soft skills and enhance the value of their experience and commitments, KEDGE has developed a unique digital tool: the Be-U platform.
The Be-U platform helps our students promote their personal and professional development by enabling them to:
- Develop their soft skills,
- Identify the skills mobilized and developed by carrying out their projects (Pro-Acts, internships, work placements, etc.), self-assess and be assessed on these skills,
- Valuing their experiences and commitments on their Be-U profile, containing KEDGE certifications.
The Be-U Talent Directory
On the Be-U platform, KEDGE offers its corporate partners a new way to source their future employees by taking into account the level of mastery of soft skills.
The Be-U Talent Directory allows recruiters to refine their search thanks to advanced filters: availability status, training, majors, certificates, commitments, level of study, but also level of mastery by family of soft skills, and preferred professional fields in particular.