Professional and personal development at KEDGE
KEDGE's main objective is to foster its students' skills and employability growth.
Practically, Be-U supports students all along their journey at KEDGE, based on three pillars:
- Being: self-awareness, shaping one's professional project in line with their values and aspirations;
- Living: practical application of one's skills in a real setting, through the Pro-Acts and several field experiences in businesses;
- Becoming: develop and initiate one's professional project.
Be-U relies on three actors at KEDGE:
- Career Centre:
- Designs and coordinates courses and workshops about self-awareness, shaping one's professional project, Leadership Skills, tools for internship/job search process;
- Offers personal coaching;
- Engages in the organisation of meetings between companies/recruiters and students: MyWay days, business forums and job datings.
- Learning by Doing service:
- Coordinates the School's associative life and supervises the Pro-Acts (Action Projects);
- Allows students to practice their technical skills (e.g. soft skills) through the management of real, formalized and ambitious projects (at least 4 months, up until the total duration of their studies);
- Offers a follow through for project management thanks to its coaching teams: definition of the project and its objectives, follow-up, final evaluation.
- Training programmes:
- Build courses and tracks offer;
- Advise students on the development of their academic journey through appointments with educational advisors: specialisation choices, dual degrees...
True backbone of our students' education, Be-U is mandatory for graduation, via the Career Centre courses, the validation of one or several Pro-Act(s), and the Be-U defence.
The Be-U platform
To help our students develop their soft skills and enhance the value of their experience and commitments, KEDGE has developed a unique digital tool: the Be-U platform.
The Be-U platform helps our students promote their personal and professional development by enabling them to:
- Develop their soft skills,
- Identify the skills mobilized and developed by carrying out their projects (Pro-Acts, internships, work placements, etc.), self-assess and be assessed on these skills,
- Valuing their experiences and commitments on their Be-U profile, containing KEDGE certifications.
The Be-U Talent Directory
On the Be-U platform, KEDGE offers its corporate partners a new way to source their future employees by taking into account the level of mastery of soft skills.
The Be-U Talent Directory allows recruiters to refine their search thanks to advanced filters: availability status, training, majors, certificates, commitments, level of study, but also level of mastery by family of soft skills, and preferred professional fields in particular.